Penn Wharton Budget Model is convening a select few Capitol Hill staffers, policymakers, business leaders, academics and media outlets to discuss new tools available to help policymakers with evidence-based policymaking.
The day-long Forum addresses both contemporary policy issues and the potential future of evidence-based policymaking. Steve Ballmer, co-founder of USAFacts, the Ballmer Group, Chairman of the Los Angeles Clippers and former CEO of Microsoft will address government data. Professors Kent Smetters and Kevin Werbach of the Wharton School will talk about public policy modeling and how the government can use blockchain to solve problems. The program includes roundtables led by experts from Deloitte USA, Ernst & Young, Accenture, Congressional policymakers, and Penn Wharton Budget Model.
- Advances in government data aggregation
- Advances in public policy modeling, with applications on both the tax and spending sides, including entitlements.
- Trade policy
- Public infrastructure: comparing different options
- Using machine learning to map regulatory overlap
- Blockchain: when it is useful (and not) for government administration